1. Cannot record full sound due to improper placement of the microphone
The distance between the microphone and the sound source affects the quality of the recording and the quality of the sound. Sometimes the difference in the final effect caused by the difference in distance of one inch is also very large. You should be bold to try and see how the sounds recorded are the most full.
Pay attention to your settings and check your volume to avoid distortion. Once you start recording, it is very difficult for you to restore some of the characteristics of this recording next time. Now when recording a vocal, it is usually recorded at a distance closer to the microphone, and a pop filter must be used.
2. Using an inappropriate microphone
Just like a musical instrument, different microphones have their own characteristics, which can have different effects when used. You need years of experience to discover the rules and find the right one. Unless you already have a very clear idea, you are still preparing two or three different microphones for you to choose from. In many cases, you don't even need expensive microphones - all you need is a suitable microphone.
3. No phase coherence is checked when using multiple microphones
In general, phase coherence may occur when you record two or more microphones at the same distance at different distances. In this case, when your two microphones have the same volume, the sound waves may cancel out, and finally the sound you get is very bad, and we should avoid this.
4. Did not achieve a better signal to noise ratio
Check the signal from the microphone to the preamplifier and adjust the output of the preamplifier to a low point (not too low), as the signal input to the DAW does not need to be too high in 24-bit recording quality. In the DAW, let it barely reach the yellow area, and never go to the red area. Feel free to adjust the output of the preamplifier; after all, the sound is not so easy to be distorted.
5. Use low quality preamplifiers and wires
The microphone's preamplifier and cable are just as important as the microphone itself. You can try using a poor quality wire and then buy a professional wire. Compare the performance between them, you will find the difference is very obvious.
MAONO is an innovative designer and manufacturer of Lavalier, Podcasting, Wireless, Shotgun, Recording microphones and accessories for Smartphone, Camera and PC, etc.
- Professional UHF Wireless Microphone User Manual
- Portable Loudspeaker Precautions
- How To Solve The Microphone Noise
- What Is The Principle Of USB Microphone?
- What Is A Microphone
- Bluetooth Headset Praise
- Earphone Overhaul Methods And Procedures
- Microphone Bracket Introduction
- Microphone Microphone Tips
- Classification Of Lavalier Microphones
- Stereo Recording Techniques
- The Difference Between A Large Studio And A Sma...
- Matters Needing Attention When Using Recording ...
- MAONO Technology Releases TWS Wireless Bluetoot...
- What Changes Will The 5G Network Bring To Smart...
- Key Points Of Using Karaoke Microphones
- The Basic Principle Of Microphone Noise Reducti...
- What Are The Determinants Of The Sound Quality ...
- Merry Christmas And Happy New Year
- MAONO AU-A04 Podcasting Condenser Microphone